Saturday 24 September 2016

Preparations

Well the bags are packed, I've checked in online and almost ready to go.

I'm deeply touched by the support and generosity I've received from people to help me achieve my goal of attending the OGM Retreat.  Without you I simply would not be going on this adventure!  I know the next days will have their challenges - it's a long way to travel - but I also know they will be full of miracles and further gifts.

I've met some of the Russian and Kazhak masters who are organizing the retreat at other events, such as the OGM Retreat in 2013 in Madrid, but I'm looking forward to meeting many more of them at the retreat - I have heard there will be 130 of us!

For those who don't know: OGM stands for Office of Grand Master, the title given to Phyllis Furumoto (Lineage Bearer) and Paul Mitchell (Head of Discipline) of Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki. 

I've been asked by Phyllis and Paul to act as a 'docent' for group - together with several other people.  This means helping to run the sessions and supporting Phyllis and Paul in their work.  On this occasion Paul is not going to be with us in person, but will be joining us via web link.  As he is in the USA this means that our meeting times will be unusual so that we can be together at times that he will be awake.  This will mean very early starts in the morning - especially for those of us from Western Europe as there will be a 4 hour time difference!

So I'm looking forward to beginning my journey tomorrow, to meeting Reiki students from other countries and to seeing Almaty which I've heard about often from Phyllis.

No comments:

Post a Comment