Tuesday 27 September 2016

The journey begins

My flights to Almaty went smoothly. The only slight challenge was that just as I was leaving home I received an email from the person who was to meet me at the airport Almaty which was in Russian. I had no time to use Google to translate it! I had no time to do anything about it at Birmingham airport, but managed to get online in Amsterdam between flights. The message reassured me that someone would be there to meet me when I arrived even though it would be 1.30am.

On the first flight from Birmingham to Amsterdam I had a lovely surprise: the flight crew knew it was my birthday and gave me a bag they had decorated with a birthday message containing two packets of almonds and a small bottle of bubbly!  I received another gift on the second flight: a note book made in Nepal covered in stars.

There was indeed someone to meet me - a lovely Reiki master called Svetlana and her husband, who took me into their hearts and to a very welcome and comfy bed!

So the first part of my adventure was full of pleasant surprises and ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment