Saturday 1 October 2016

Docent Preparations


I was relieved that the first meeting of the docents which had originally been scheduled for 7.30am was deferred to 9am, so I was able to catch up a bit on sleep.

Being a docent means being part of a team that would be facilitating and holding the energy for the group. At previous OGM retreats there were a maximum of 75 pparticipants - 50 was more usual. We anticipated about 130 at this one! As a result the docent group was larger and had a bigger job to do!

So at 9am 8 of us met with Phyllis to make plans.  We had already had a couple of online meetings (one of which I missed due to the Ludlow Reiki Share) at which there had been some discussion of the themes to be addressed. 

I enjoyed meeting the rest of the group in person.  In my teens I spent time with an international group who were working together in a voluntary capacity to support people who were despairing. It was the idea of a Swiss philanthropist to bring together people offering this kind of support in varoius European countries including Poland. So this gave me experience of the needs of translation. In those days it was in French and I have no doubt helped me learn the language. This time we were discussing in English and Russian!  However we also have the common language of Reiki.

Phyllis made us very welcome with tea and a wonderful apple cake made by one of the organisers Bayan.  This kept us going through the long day of discussions, with breaks for lunch and dinner.  We finally finished at 10pm, by which time I was very tired.  I was therefore delighted to find Svetlana waiting for me in the reception area, ready to take me 'home'.  It didn"t take me long to fall asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment